To preserve and promote the documentary heritage of the city through professional records management, historic preservation and education.
Core Values and Guiding Principles
- Preservation: As stewards of the city's documentary heritage and built environment, we strive to balance the daily needs of our citizens and staff with the need to ensure the survival of our heritage.
- Trust: We strive to preserve the public's and city staff's confidence through personal integrity and ethical performance. We promote an environment of mutual trust and cooperation, recognizing the unique contribution of each individual to the city's mission.
- Professionalism: We are a staff dedicated to maintaining the highest degree of professional competence while serving customers and colleagues with respect. Staff members are the city's ambassadors, both at work and away. Staff members endorse their programs enthusiastically at every turn.
- Public Service: Our top priority is to serve the citizens and staff of the City of Columbia. As stewards of public resources and records, our responsibility is to listen to, anticipate and exceed expectations.
- Teamwork: Together we make it happen. We appreciate and support fellow workers as we collaborate to accomplish goals and inspire excellence. We must maintain our journey of excellence by continuing to evaluate the effectiveness of our programs. As a governmental organization, we are expected to do more with less. Despite this constraint, we must continue to add value to our services by looking for ways to improve what we do as an area of the city.
- Quality and Continuous Improvement: We promote excellence by striving to get it right the first time. We will provide an environment that supports professional growth among our staff by maintaining a knowledgeable, well-educated and satisfied workforce. We encourage efficiency and effectiveness by pursuing ideas for new and innovative ways to serve our citizens and colleagues.
- Loyalty: Our primary professional allegiance is to the City of Columbia. We hold the city's mission and reputation above individual or divisional needs.