The application period is now closed for the Fall 2021 Walk Bike Ambassador Program. Please check back for future programs.
The purpose of the Walk Bike Ambassador Program is to equip citizens to empower, train, and lead members of their neighborhood and/or community in walking and biking initiatives in partnership with the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee. The Walk Bike Ambassador training series, held virtually for three 1.5 hour sessions Sept. 20, Sept. 27, and Oct. 4, will build skills around walking and biking promotion and introduce participants to local resources to get involved in planning processes in the community, with with guest speakers from the City and community organizations.
- to advise the City of Columbia Transportation Planning team, City Council Members, the Mayor and community organizations and partners on bicycling and pedestrian issues facing the city and to work toward the implementation of the Comprehensive Plan: Walk Bike Columbia and any subsequently adopted bicycle and pedestrian plans or policies;
- to represent community and constituent interests in transportation planning decisions faced by City Council;
- to provide feedback to staff on projects relating to walking and bicycling. City of Columbia staff will consider recommendations from the BPAC along with input from other members of the public during decision making; and
- to develop and implement initiatives with Council support to improve upon the bicycle and pedestrian culture of the City of Columbia.
The BPAC generally meets the second Monday of every month. Meetings are open to the public.
- September 20, 2021 Meeting Agenda - note this meeting is virtual; members of the public may request login information by emailing [email protected] prior to the email.
It is the policy of the City of Columbia that all City-sponsored public meetings and events are accessible to people with disabilities. If you need assistance in participating in this meeting or event due to a disability as defined under the ADA, please call the City’s ADA Coordinator at (803) 545-3009 or e-mail [email protected] as soon as possible but no later than 48 hours before the scheduled meeting or event to request an accommodation.
Upcoming Local Events
- October 11, 2021, BPAC meeting, Location TBD
Projects & Initiatives
Helpful Links & Documents
- Cynthia Watson, Chair (March 2022)
- Pamela Bynoe-Reed (December 2022)
- Zach Cavanaugh (March 2024)
- Derek Davis (March 2024)
- Christina Galardi (October 2022)
- Anna Gilbert (March 2024)
- Douglas Giovanetti (March 2024)
- George Kokolis (March 2022)
- Carmen Latimer (March 2024)
- Jennifer Leaphart (March 2024)
- Betsy Newman (December 2022)
- Mary Scott-Chancey Williams (March 2024)