The City of Columbia Planning & Development Services Department invites the public to join us for town hall discussions hosted by One Columbia for Arts & History, which advises, amplifies and advocates for the unified arts and history community. This discussions are a part of the planning process for “Amplify: A Cultural Plan for the Columbia Area”, which represents a partnership between One Columbia and the City of Columbia in order to update the Cultural Element of the City’s Comprehensive Plan. Two of the meetings are town-hall discussions and members of the general public are encouraged to attend.
Amplify Town Hall Discussions:
- March 15, 6:30 – 8 p.m.: Eau Claire Print Building (3907 Ensor Ave., Columbia)
- April 24, 6:30 – 8 p.m.: Richland Library Sandhills (763 Fashion Dr., Columbia)
Each of these town hall discussions will be facilitated and led by members of the Amplify steering committee. Attendees will discuss answers to questions like:
- Do the arts and cultural resources in the Columbia area impact regional growth?
- Which arts programs are exceptional in our community?
- When considering the possibility of providing more access to the arts in your neighborhood, which are the three most important factors to be considered?
- How can the arts help Columbia stand out as a city that values creativity?
With responses from attendees of these discussions and other scheduled discussions with arts, history and philanthropic organizations in the area, the Amplify steering committee will develop recommendations for celebrating and strengthening arts and cultural programs in our area. Having these meetings represents a significant step in creating a cultural plan for our region.
Stay tuned as Amplify announces more town hall meetings and dates.
For more information on Amplify and attending these town hall meetings, visit: AmplifyColumbia.com.