City Cancellations and Postponements
COVID-19 City Cancellations and Meeting/Event Changes
- Columbia City Council — Temporarily suspend normal operating procedures of City Council meetings. Please click link for past and future meetings http://columbiacitysc.iqm2.com/Citizens/Default.aspx (All Meetings and Work Sessions can be viewed virtually on our City of Columbia YouTube Channel)
- Thursday, April 2, 2020 | View Agenda
- April At-Large Open House to continue via Phone Calls with Councilwoman Tameika Isaac Devine and Councilman Howard Duvall on Wednesday, April 8, 2020. All appointments will be over the phone. Constituents will still need to call to set an appointment. An appointment must be scheduled to attend. Call (803) 545-3061 for information or scheduling purposes.
- Columbia Fire Department — Fill the Boot Campaign will be rescheduled to a later date.
- Columbia Fire Department — All public education events, fire truck demonstrations, fire station tours and fire education presentations are cancelled.
- Columbia Fire Department — Front Porch Roll Call and Coffee with a Cop
- At the direction of Columbia Fire Chief Aubrey D. Jenkins, the following modifications went into effect on Monday, March 16, 2020. View full list of modified operations here.
- Columbia Police Department — At the direction of Columbia Police Chief William ‘Skip’ Holbrook, the following modifications went into effect on Monday, March 16, 2020. View full list of modified operations here.
- Community Development — The Community Development Department is seeking public comment on the Draft Mitigation Action Plan for spending $18.5 million in Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT); funding allocated to City of Columbia by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for their virtual public hearing on Monday, April 6, 2020 at 6 p.m.
- Parks and Recreation
- Planning and Development Department — All Zoning Map Revision public meetings are cancelled and will be rescheduled to a later date.
- Public Space Public Life Counts Survey for April 2nd and April 4th is cancelled.
- Calhoun Street Information Meeting to let the public know about plans to move forward with repaving, new lane markings and etc. is cancelled.
- The Board of Zoning Appeals (BoZA) meeting that was scheduled to be held on Thursday, April 1 at 4:00 p.m. has been POSTPONED until May 7, 2020.