Columbia Animal Services foster program provides temporary housing for animals who aren’t quite ready for adoption. This includes kittens, puppies, dogs and cats. In 2020, over 700 animals lives were saved by our foster families! Families like yours can help keep our foster program going strong by opening your doors to animals in need.
How to become a foster:
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Ability to come in for a follow up every two weeks or more if the animal is sick.
- Review our FOSTER CARE GUIDE to see if fostering is right for you!
- Fill out our FOSTER APPLICATION and email it to [email protected] along with a picture of your ID.
- Once your application is approved, join our foster Facebook group COLUMBIA ANIMAL SERVICES FOSTER FAMILY to view all available foster opportunities.
If you have additional questions or would like to speak with a foster coordinator, please email [email protected] or call/text the foster phone at (803) 612–0757. When calling, please leave a detailed message and someone will be in touch with you within 24–48 hours.