Floodplain Management | Facts About Flood Insurance
Flood Insurance Rate Maps | City Floodplain & Floodway Regulations
- Flood Repair Myths and Facts - Find out the real facts behind flood repair rumors you may have heard.
- Floodplain Manager Letter: Rebuilding Structures in the Floodway
- Floodplain Repair Permit Assistance temporarily located on 1st Floor of 1136 Washington St (Customer Service Lobby)
- Walk-up assistance for anyone needing flood repair work in the City
- Details: Homeowners and contractors can learn whether their property is in a floodplain, pick up the permit application packet, determine their property value, ask questions about the application process, and submit the completed permit application.
- Hours: M-F, 8 am-5 pm (normal City business hours)
- Parking: Free 2 hour parking in the nearby Washington Square Parking Garage on levels 2A and 2B
Are you affected?
According to FEMA, the City of Columbia has 840* active flood insurance policies.
Visit City FIRMS: Find Your Risk to find out if your property is in the floodplain.
* As of July 24, 2014.
The City of Columbia manages construction and significant improvements in its floodplains as part of its participation in FEMA's National Flood Insurance Program. Property owners can learn more about their flood risk and how to manage their flood insurance rates in these pages.
1136 Washington St.
Columbia, SC 29201
Get Adobe Reader