CHECK OUT OUR TWO NEWEST CLASSES THIS FALL!
All classes are FREE for Drew Wellness Center Members and only $5 drop-in fee for Non-Members.
Group Exercise Class Descriptions
You can make any class work for you by using a chair for balance or sitting during the exercises.
Arriving early to speak with the instructor for questions is recommended.
- 30/20/10: Beginner friendly and easy to follow. 30 minutes of low impact cardio, 20 minutes of sculpting, and 10 minutes of abs and stretching.
- Ball Aerobics: This class involves the use of stability balls, hand weights, and resistance bands to sculpt your body through low impact moves that will work everything neck down to knee up focusing on your core.
- Build & Burn: This military style workout can include high and low intensity intervals, weights, body weight and more! No meditation, mantras, or music; just good old fashion, old school exercise that will get you fit for duty! On nice days we take the class OUTSIDE! All levels of exercise ability are welcome!
- (B.L.T) Butt, Legs, & Thighs: This class will work the largest muscles in the body to burn major calories through cardio and sculpting.
- Chair Stretch and Sculpt: For the active older adult who wants to improve muscle strength and joint mobility with low impact exercises done in chairs or standing with dumbbells or tubes. Different instructors will have a variety of exercises to help you move towards a healthier way of living.
- Chair Cardio Strength: Using bodyweight, dumbbells, and bands you will incorporate weight training intervals with cardio in chairs or standing. Everyone works at their own pace throughout the class.
- Energy Fusion: This mat based class infuses Pilates, Yoga and Barre with a variety of tools such as weights, balls and bands. Starts with a great core workout and yoga strengthening. Finishes with a great yoga stretch!
- Low Impact Cardio Sculpt: This class concentrates on longer cardiovascular components interspaced with intervals for weight lifting. Beginner Friendly.
- Pickleball: A paddle sport created for all ages and skill levels. The rules are simple and the game is easy for beginners to learn, but can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for experienced players. It’s a fun sport that combines many elements of tennis, badminton and ping-pong on a modified tennis court and net.
- Pilates: This is a core-focused and mat based class that strengthens muscles and improves flexibility; helps condition the body without pushing it; Re-defines the body; Relieves unwanted tension; Boosts the metabolism; improves balance and much more!!
- RIDE (Indoor Cycle): This class will challenge you with hills, climbs and sprints that burn a lot of calories in a flash. Early Arrival is Highly Suggested to get your bike reserved or receive proper tutorials on bike adjustments.
- Soul Line Dancing: Soul line dances such as the Wobble, Cupid Shuffle, or Bikers Shuffle may feel similar to country line dances except they are danced to soul, r&b, gospel, or pop music. These moves are easy for all levels so come join the celebration!
- Step Aerobics: This whole body, muscle conditioning class uses dumbbells, bands, tubes, and more to build muscle and burn fat.
- (UBC) Urban Boot Camp: is a High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) class that incorporates a variety of calisthenics movements, muscular endurance training, and basic HIP-HOP CHOREOGRAPHY. The end products are fun, sweaty and engaging routines that help you burn calories and tone your body.
- Yoga: Improves muscle tone, flexibility, strength, stamina and circulation as you move through various poses. Yoga will relax and restore your body to balance as you reduce stress and tension.
- Zumba: Fuses hypnotic Latin rhythms and easy to follow moves to create a dynamic workout system that will blow you away. (Zumba Gold is a modified Zumba class that recreates the original moves you love at a lower-intensity.) Come join the party!
Charles R. Drew Wellness Center
2101 Walker Solomon Way
Columbia, SC 29204